Saturday, August 9, 2014

Getting My Ducks In A Row

There is an internal battle going on within me. There always has been. It's something i feel i will always struggle with, yet, maybe not.

Lately, i've had an incredible amount of determination to get my life where it needs to be in ALL areas! BUT, i've also still been lazy, sad, depressed, lonely, etc. I've ALWAYS dealt and struggled with those negative feelings. Some days are worse than others. I don't know if it stems from my car accident and alcohol/drug use. Or if it's just something i struggled with becoming an adult. Both of those began at the same time.

A week ago, i began reading 'The Slight Edge' by: Jeff Olson. Already, the book has really helped me PUSH MYSELF to be the best version of me. Of course, i don't always succeed BUT i most certainly try - just not hard enough all the time!

When i was little, life came super easy to me. It was pretty much handed to me on a silver platter as they say. Upon graduating high school - i sorta had to figure out the world is a cruel place and figure out where i fit in. The path i've taken is a crazy one and not necessarily one i'd recommend BUT it's not about where we came from or what happened to us in the past. And it isn't about where we are going in the future - It's about NOW. What am i doing RIGHT NOW to change the direction my life is headed?!? What are the steps i am taking?

If you take positive steps every day and contribute to what you want your life to be - YOU CAN HAVE THAT FUTURE YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED. Not all steps are seen by others, but that doesn't matter - what matters is that YOU see them and know you are doing them!

One duck at a time!

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment