Monday, September 16, 2013

Going GREEN

GREEN SMOOTHIES have been the rage for awhile now and we decided to jump on the bandwagon of goodness. I'm a HUGE fan of smoothies; fruity, delicious ones:) And so I was a little hesitant to try my first green smoothie BUT I needed more nutrients in my life and thought a good green smoothie would help with my lack of cooking many vegetables. One of the MANY benefits to making a smoothie is that you can add anything you'd like to it! Here's one of my simple recipes that taste great!

Handful of Kale
Handful of Spinach
1/2 Banana
1 CUP Blueberries
2 TBS Maple Syrup or Honey (to sweeten it up)
Splash of liquid for blending - this can be: Milk, Coconut Milk, Almond Milk

*Makes 4 popsicle molds, may need to double depending on how much you'd like to make

YOU can tweak this however you'd like. Don't like an ingredient? Change it out for something you do like. Don't drink milk? Try yogurt or even coconut water. Add anything to this recipe that you think would taste good and/or benefit YOU! There are endless possibilities!

I made the above recipe and froze them into popsicle molds. My son LOVES popsicles. Making them has been more beneficial than buying ones with junk in them! After playing outside in Florida's hot sun, these are the perfect way to cool down.


 
Hopefully, your kids will be saying "mama more"


No comments :

Post a Comment